Tuesday, February 7

Homemade Chalkboard Plans

Today, I decided it's time for me to start making some chalkboards for our home. They're fun, cute, and a great way to display information. The church we attend is memorizing scripture verses each week, and so far my husband and I haven't been keeping up with it. I think it'd be nice to have the scripture visible in more than one spot. We live in an apartment, so space is limited, but we have plenty of kitchen and bathroom wall space available.

Earlier today, I was looking at a stack of unused, wooden picture frames in the closet, and knew they'd make perfect-sized chalkboards. For the bathroom chalkboard, I plan to take some canvas material (since I already have some) and wrap it around one of the frames to coordinate with our washcloth basket that sits behind the toilet.



For the kitchen, I plan to take three frames and paint one green, one blue and one brown. Afterwards, I will connect them to create a larger chalkboard with sections-- one for a menu, one for a memory verse, and one for a daily to-do list.


I'm currently working on them in between baby's naps. I hope to finish them this week!

4 comments:

  1. I love chalkboards!!! I keep trying to find some from antiques stores, etc but I haven't had any luck yet :P lol I have a feeling when I have my own house it's going to be filled with all your ideas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to thrift stores! So much cheaper. I saw PLENTY at the two thrift stores I went to last Saturday. Just paint them and you're all good to go. I would have bought some, but I'm still in the use-what-you-have-at-home-already mode. Haha, just be creative and your home will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very true ... I didn't even think about thrift stores :)

    ReplyDelete