Wednesday, March 7

Simple Closet Organization: Size Dividers

A few months ago, a nice friend gave us lots of baby clothes -- all in great condition. I loved it all. After organizing them by putting them in categories from 3 to 24 months, my baby's closet bar had no room left for hanging clothes (and I ran out of 60+ hangers). For a little while, I loved the convenience of finding his current-size clothes quickly and easily. But soon enough, I knew something else needed to be done because I still had to check some tags to see what size they were.  So, being inspired by size dividers on clothing racks at stores, I decided to create my own size dividers.

I took one of the baby's stained onesies and cut the fabric into strips to tie around the closet bar. I created the round labels out of pieces of leftover cardstock and then wrote the sizes in white ink to match the rest of the labels throughout our home.



After tying the fabric around the bar in a simple knot, I hot-glued the labels to the fabric.


This simple addition really made a huge impact. It is so much easier to place his clothes back in the appropriate location. I'm thinking...how about doing this for my bedroom closet to separate my shirts, jeans, sweaters, etc. We'll see :)

4 comments: