Tuesday, March 6

Gravelle Knives: Truck Magnet Design

This week, I can say that I checked this project off my list of things to do. I really enjoyed designing my first truck magnet (11x17). Josiah Gravelle is a talented creator of heavy-duty knives. He loves spending time in his shop and hopes for his custom knife business to grow and become his full-time job. I love that idea because it's creative and it's something he's enthusiastic about. What an awesome job that would be!

His instructions were to come up with a design somewhat masculine and include his business name, contact information, and "custom knives." I drew one of his knives and replaced the 'V' of Gravelle with the point of the blade for visual interest. Keeping the design simple what I strived for. Simplicity is bold and clean, which allows for legibility on a moving vehicle. I added red accents for boldness and coordination with his large, red truck.


And here is the magnet on his truck. He has one on the other side and one on the back as well.

(Taken by Josiah Gravelle; Edited by Alexis Perron]

No comments:

Post a Comment