Wednesday, March 14

Pretty Organizer Drawers

It took a looong while, but I finally got a chance to go through my large mound of project supplies and organize it two weekends ago. I was so happy to see the mess slowly disappear within a couple of hours. It used to surround and take over our dining room table, which already had very limited space in our not-so-large apartment. Here's the bad before...


And here's the happy after (which does need more organizing inside each drawer, but is already a fantastic start):


BUT, I walked back and forth for a few days and wasn't feeling excited about it. It just wasn't pretty. You could see everything inside the drawers -- not very attractive against the unattractive white walls. So, after running into some blog inspiration, I decided to liven the drawers up with some decorative paper. I love this idea because it's simple, affordable and beautiful. Here's my lovely result:





Now, I'm happy to say that I'm loving this change :) If you have clear organizer drawers, you have to try this out. All I did was look through my stacks of 12x12" scrapbook paper, find colors and designs that coordinated, cut them down to size, and scotch-taped them to the interior drawer fronts and sides. I created homemade labels (brown cardstock and white ink) afterwards. Easy as that!

4 comments:

  1. Love love love! :) Thank you so much for sharing, this is what it's all about! Look at how fabulous it all looks with the concealed storage and pretty paper. I adore it!

    xoxo!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty paper does make a HUGE difference. Thanks for looking at my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Isn't it so calming to just see order and prettiness?! So happy to have inspired you, and thanks so much for letting me know about your post!
    Gen @ colormedomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete