Tuesday, March 6

Food Creativity: Homemade Pizza

I actually did it. I surprised myself (completely) by making my first homemade pizzas this past Saturday. It was definitely worth it! I will never buy a frozen pizza ever again. Not only did they taste great, but it cost us about $12 for ingredients to make three of them (and that's without looking for best pricing/using coupons). I loved the art of making and customizing them to our liking. I got the pizza recipe from my grandma; she probably made about 12 million of these in her lifetime because her family (and neighbors) loved them. I couldn't help but think of my grandma while making it; the smell of the dough brought me flashbacks of being 5 years old again, helping her with the dough.

I had to borrow some of my husband's arm strength for stirring and kneading the dough (it is definitely an arm workout!) It was a fun evening project :)


Be creative. Take a chance and try cooking or baking something you never though you could make. You just might surprise yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment