Friday, April 6

Spring Wreath

Spring brings forth newness, warmness, and prettiness. I love the colors, the leave buds, and the singing birds :) To bring some of this to our home, I thought a spring wreath would make a nice addition to our front door. It's simple and definitely not perfect, but what beats affordable and homemade?

On the first night, I wrapped blue yarn around the wreath. I also combined the blue yarn with yellow and white. This took a very long time (think 3 hours) because it continued to get tangled, and due to my perfectionism, I had to make sure each string stayed in order...glad that part is done.


On day two, I finished the wrapping with the combined yarn.


Tonight, I added some buttons, fabric, jute, and paper flowers to the wreath :) Fun stuff.


I put together this string of words that says, "Our Happy Nest," to finish it off, but I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I think it might add to much. You can see how it looks with and without the words in the photos below :)


Please let me know what you think :) Do you think I should take "Our Happy Nest" off or leave it on? {You can reply on the right sidebar or leave a comment of course.} Thank you :)

***

Okay, so after several votes of "Leave 'Our Happy Nest' On," I left it on! :) Thanks for your vote.

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks beautiful both ways! :)

    Mandie Barnard

    ReplyDelete