Saturday, April 7

Organized Spices

My first attempt at organizing our spices was by placing them inside a large container and labeling the tops of the lids. This worked extemely well for a few months.



But as I tried out several new recipes, our spice collection grew like crazy. They outgrew the container and were soon being stored on two shelves. Spices were laying sideways and it was almost impossible to select a spice out without another one falling out of the cabinet.


I was inspired by magnetic spice containers, and the idea of storing the spices on the refrigerator looked like fun. I rarely purchase items for organization because I love finding new uses for materials I already have, but I decided these containers were well worth it. I purchased them here.



I made labels for the lids, attached magnets to the bottom of each container, and filled each one with a spice. They add color to the kitchen, and they're located next to the counter where I usually prepare our dinners. Easy to access, I love this idea :)


2 comments:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're so organized and creative!!! (well, I guess I haven't said *that* before but same idea) ;) When I have my own home it's gonna be filled with a bunch of your ideas :) And btw I found a medium size blackboard at the thrift shop for $4!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Don't you love finding nice, affordable items? I love it. And thank you so much for your compliments :)I know you will enjoy being creative with organization also. Again, if you came over you'd think we weren't organized. It's one project at a time...but it is improving little by little.

      Delete