Tuesday, April 10

Organized Refrigerator: Part I

I can't believe it has taken me almost two years to do this (well, actually I can believe it being busy with college full time, work full time and now a mommy full time), but I found the time to begin organizing our refrigerator. It really needed it. So I think I may split this post in a few parts; starting with the fruit/vegetable drawer. Our apartment didn't supply us with a modern, organizable, double-door fridge, so we make do with what we have.
the bad before:

The bagged fruits and vegetables were thrown inside the drawer. It was difficult to quickly grab what we needed.


the wonderful after:




I went to the Dollar Tree and spent $3 on three storage containers. I placed the bins inside the drawer side by side to seperate the fruits and vegetables. One bin stores the pre-washed and cut foods inside our glass containers; it conveniently cuts the time in half when preparing meals.

I have opened and closed this drawer at least 50 times since Saturday (to make sure I wasn't dreaming). If you are dealing with this same unorganized mess, you have to try out this simple/inexpensive solution. It will make you smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment