Tuesday, January 3

Christmas Wall Decoration

I live in an apartment, so I cannot paint the walls (very sad!). And they're very white...so I created a homemade Christmas wall decoration with the word JOY inside a large old frame to add color and visual interest to one of our bare walls. The letters consist of red yarn on top of a large piece of cardboard. I painted the cardboard brown with acrylic paint and added small circles. A plaid bow was added to the top of the frame as an extra touch. The best part is, I didn't have to spend a penny to create it!

It really adds a lot to the livingroom wall. Since it's about time to take the Christmas decorations down, I will flip the cardboard over and decorate the backside for a rest-of-the-year design to conserve my family's limited storage space and make use of materials I already have.




2 comments:

  1. My goodness ... you're so creative, Alexis! I love that idea!! That looks so "Christmas-y" :)
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete