Thursday, December 29

Typographic Wrapping Paper

I have officially fallen in love with DIY projects over the last month or so. I am captivated by the beauty and simplicity of turning everyday objects into something new. I love that it stretches my creative mind while also saving the little money I possess. I believe that boundaries enhance creativity.

With Christmas quickly approaching, and the love of DIY projects on the mind, I thought, "why not create my own wrapping paper?" I looked for some inspiration online and stumbled across amazing DIY typographic gift wrap, created by Chris Gardner, at manmadediy.com. The letters were cut out from pages of books, and the wrapping consisted of brown kraft paper. Being a graphic designer, I was drawn to this homemade idea! I added homemade bows and let my husband list who the gifts were from in white ink. Here was my wrapping paper turn out:



You must try it...it'll certainly add an artistic touch to any wrapped gift throughout the year!
Steps for creating this paper can be found here: http://manmadediy.com/chris/posts/639-how-to-make-typographic-gift-wrap

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! That is so cute ... I wonder why I didn't think of that???? :) You're so good at being creative, Alexis :)
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abby! Any birthdays coming up?...you should totally try it :)

    ReplyDelete